Re: PG Schema to be used as log and monitoring store

От Stefan Keller
Тема Re: PG Schema to be used as log and monitoring store
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> I believe I would use boolean, not bit.

Agreed.

> Did you try to use a (single) hstore or jsonb column instead where the
> attribute name is the key?

Thought about that and I'm using hstore extensively with OpenStreetMap
data in my PostGIS Terminal.

But it "hurts" really with key-values of type text (with numeric
optimization)...

1. to see boolean values stored in text values
2. to see tables m1 and m2 which have a relatively unchanging schema
(since sensors are HW)
3. and knowing that and m1 and m2 have a large common set of sensors
(i.e. common set of attributes).

:Stefan