Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?

От Stefan Keller
Тема Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?
Дата
Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?
Список pgsql-general
Hi Edson,

On 2013/11/17 Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> you wrote:
> One question: would you please expand your answer and explain how would this adversely affect async replication?

Is this a question or a hint (or both) :-)? Of course almost all non-durable settings [1] will delay replication.

I think I have to add, that pure speed of a read-mostly database is the main scenario I have in mind.
Duration, High-availability and Scaling out are perhaps additional or separate scenarios.

So, to come back to my question: I think that Postgres could be even faster by magnitudes, if the assumption of writing to slow secondary storage (like disks) is removed (or replaced).

--Stefan