Storing files in the database - and giving easy access to this?

От Stefan Keller
Тема Storing files in the database - and giving easy access to this?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tomas, hi all,

Nice blog, Thomas, about "storing files in the database" [1].

Now, I'd like to implement a single client script for using this
"remote file system".

The solution should implement (1) List (dir), (2) Copy (cp) and (3)
Remove (rm). It should be available for both Linux and Windows and use
the credentials of the database.

As a first approach it could use psql:
=> Does anybody have some tricks on how to insert an external file
into the tables Files and File_data using psql?

But ideally, there should be a web-based file manager. There are many
such projects around for PHP, but I'd prefer one in Python, like
Snakelets [2]
=> Any tipps?

Stefan

[1] http://www.fuzzy.cz/en/articles/storing-files-in-a-postgresql-database/