Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2014-05-10 19:19:22 -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:

> > > Sigh.  We have some debate isomorphic to this one every year, it seems
> > > like.  The argument why it shouldn't be fixed now is: ITS. TOO. LATE.
> > > Which part of that isn't clear to you?
> > >

> > Sorry but I don't understand why it's too late. The 9.4 branch not been
> > created yet.
>
> The problem is that once the beta is in progress (starting tomorrow),
> the projects tries to avoid changes which require a dump and restore (or
> pg_upgrade). Since the patch changes the catalog it'd require that.

Hmmmm... so the other option maybe is create an extension to add this operators.

Thoughts?

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Сообщение: Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses