Re: Partial match fix for fast scan

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Partial match fix for fast scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

GIN partial match appears to be broken after fast scan. Following simple test case raises assertion failure.

create extension btree_gin;
create table test as (select id, random() as val from generate_series(1,1000000) id);
create index test_idx on test using gin (val);
vacuum test;
select * from test where val between 0.1 and 0.9;

Attached patch fixes bugs in entryGetItem function.
I would especially point that "continue;" checks "while" condition even if it's postfix "while". That's why I surrounded tbm_iterate with another "while".

Interesting... to me (using current master) your test case doesn't fail...

fabrizio=# select * from test where val between 0.1 and 0.9;
   id   |        val
--------+-------------------
      1 | 0.554413774050772
      2 | 0.767866868525743
      3 | 0.601187175605446

But fail if I change the values of between clause:

fabrizio=# select * from test where val between 0.1 and 0.19;
ERROR:  tuple offset out of range: 8080

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello