Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 July 2017 at 05:14, Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 20 July 2017 at 05:08, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 8:59 PM,
>>> Fabrízio de Royes Mello
>>>
>>> Tests of pg_dump go to src/bin/pg_dump/t/ and tests for objects in
>>> extensions are in src/test/modules/test_pg_dump, but you just care
>>> about the former with this patch. And if you implement some new tests,
>>> look at the other tests and base your work on that.
>>

>> Thanks Michael /
>> Fabrízio.
>>
>> Updated patch (attached) additionally adds SGML changes for pg_dumpall.
>> (I'll try to work on the tests, but sending this
>> nonetheless
>> ).
>>

> Attached is an updated patch (v4) with basic tests for pg_dump / pg_dumpall.
> (Have zipped it since patch size jumped to ~40kb).

The patch applies cleanly to current master and all tests run without failures.

I also test against all current supported versions (9.2 ... 9.6) and didn't find any issue.

Changed status to "ready for commiter".

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello