Re: doubt

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: doubt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Danilo Araújo de Sousa <danilo.alpha@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Good morning,
> My name is Danilo Araujo.

Hi Danilo,

Please do not crossposting your message to many mailing lists. And the best start mailing list to get some help is pgsql-general.

> I work in a technical support in Santo André, São Paulo.
> My company develope many systems for office envolving Accounting, Payment Roll, etc.
> We use Postgres 9.5 for ours applications.
> Our applications are used in our customers.

Ok.

> In the end of every month, customers need to update their systems to liberate the access.
> Most of customers use the name of their server to connect the systems to their databases.
> I noticed that when they use the name of a server, occurs an error saying:
> An error occurred - template "database" does not exist.
>
> I noticed that if I change the name of a server and I put the IP of the server, the error does not happens.
> Please, I would like to ask if this problem involve my systems or if is an error involving the Postgres.

I don't understand very well what you mean, but the client connection to PostgreSQL you can use the IP address of the server or a name if you have DNS proper configured, so it's not a PostgreSQL issue.

To help you we need more information about what you're trying to do and the errors reported by PostgreSQL.

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL