Re: Verbose output of pg_dump not show schema name

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Verbose output of pg_dump not show schema name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:14 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There are some reason to verbose output of pg_dump don't show schema name?
> >
> > A output example of using "pg_dump -Fd -j8 -v"
> Specifying a target directory with "-f" is better here...

Yeah... I'm just show the relevant options used... ;-)

> > This database have a lot of different schemas with same structure and if I
> > need do view the status of dump I don't know what schema the table are dump
> > from.
> Yes this may be helpful. The attached quick'n dirty patch implements it.

Very nice... thanks!!!

I add schema name do the following messages too:

pg_restore: processing data for table "public"."bar"
pg_restore: processing data for table "public"."foo"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s1"."bar"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s1"."foo"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s2"."bar"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s2"."foo"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s3"."bar"
pg_restore: processing data for table "s3"."foo"

And:

pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s1"."foo"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s1"."bar"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s2"."foo"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s2"."bar"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s3"."foo"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "s3"."bar"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "public"."foo"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "public"."bar"

And:

pg_dump: processing data for table "public"."bar"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table public.bar
pg_dump: processing data for table "public"."foo"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table public.foo
pg_dump: processing data for table "s1"."bar"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s1.bar
pg_dump: processing data for table "s1"."foo"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s1.foo
pg_dump: processing data for table "s2"."bar"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s2.bar
pg_dump: processing data for table "s2"."foo"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s2.foo
pg_dump: processing data for table "s3"."bar"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s3.bar
pg_dump: processing data for table "s3"."foo"
pg_dump: dumping contents of table s3.foo

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL