Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> >> In the long term, What would be the possible scopes?
> >>
> >> TRANSACTION, SESSION, PERSISTANT ?
> >>
> >> Would some scopes orthogonal (eg SHARED between sessions for a USER in a
> >> DATABASE, SHARED at the cluster level?).
> >
> > I have a plan to support TRANSACTION and SESSION scope. Persistent or
> > shared scope needs much more complex rules, and some specialized extensions
> > will be better.
>

> I can see where persistent variables would be very useful though.

Can you talk more about your though??

I'm thinking about PERSISTENT VARIABLES and maybe they can be the redesign of our hard coded "reloptions", with the ability to provide users to create their own customized. If we think more carefully we already have some persistent variables with specialized context: reloptions (hardcoded), security labels (local and shared catalog) and comments (local and shared catalog). I was clear enough?

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL