Re: pgsql jdbc db connection weird behaviour

От Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu
Тема Re: pgsql jdbc db connection weird behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Steve,
I've checked it - appears no duplicate jdbc drivers..:-(

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mar 30, 2014, at 12:10 AM, Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu <vmelachervu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello PGSQL Community,
> Love pgsql. But facing this weird problem (detailed below) for past couple of days with pgsql jdbc41 driver with tomcat 8 connection pooling on on jvm1.8 (all on x64 windows 8) with no resolution in sight for casting a jdbc db tomcat pooled connection to PGConnection hitting the wall.
>
> I am sure not sure if I am doing something silly or it is the limitation of pgsql jdbc41 driver. Did any one face any such issue? Does any one know some way out for this?
>
> Problem:
> When I try to cast a DB Connection obtained using tomcat jdbc resource (pooled) to org.postgresql.PGConnection, of course after unwrapping it, execution is running into exception with the message: (java.lang.ClassCastException) java.lang.ClassCastException: org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection cannot be cast to org.postgresql.PGConnection

Almost always this is caused by having more than one driver jar file available in your class path.  In particular, bundling a driver in the Tomcat lib/ directory as well as within your application itself is sure to cause problems.

That’s where I would look first.

Hope that helps,
Steven

--
Regards,
Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu

Сообщение: Re: pgsql jdbc db connection weird behaviour
Сообщение: Re: pgsql jdbc db connection weird behaviour