Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage

От Taylor Vesely
Тема Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> When a zedstore table is queried using *invalid* ctid, the server
> crashes due to assertion failure. See below,
>
> postgres=# select * from t2 where ctid = '(0, 0)';
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally

Thank you for pointing that out! I will look into fixing that some
time this week. If we run without assertions the query still fails
with this error because zedstoream_tuple_tid_valid incorrectly reports
the TID as valid:

ERROR:  arrived at incorrect block 2 while descending zedstore btree

> I believe above should have either returned 1 rows or failed with some
> user friendly error.

Agreed. I think it should match the behavior of heap as closely as
possible.