Re: Arrays of Records in PL/Perl

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: Arrays of Records in PL/Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:45, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> Hackers,

> That is, if a record is passed to a PL/Perl function, it's correctly converted into a hash. If, however, an array of
recordsare passed, the record are stringified, rather than turned into hashes. This seems inconsistent. Bug?

All Arrays in 9.0 and lower are strings, regardless of if they are
comprised of composite types. Its not so much a bug as a limitation.
Alexey Klyukin fixed this for 9.1 :-)

[ In 9.1 we could not make them straight perl arrayrefs as we needed
to keep the string representation for backwards compatibility. What we
did in 9.1 is overload the arrayref and string operations on blessed
object so you can treat it as either. ]

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Full GUID support
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks, v4