Re: [HACKERS] [patch] pg_dump/pg_restore zerror() and strerror() mishap

От Vladimir Kunschikov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [patch] pg_dump/pg_restore zerror() and strerror() mishap
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>This "maxlen" business and the fallback error message are
>strange.  We have roughly equivalent code in pg_basebackup.c
>which has been working since 2011
>Perhaps you can drop the memchr/fallback tricks and adopt the
>pg_basebackup coding?  Or is there a specific reason to have
>the memchr check?

Ofcourse that tricks can be dropped, function will be much prettier.
'Tricks' were made to pass some strict internal tests.
Initially I used exactly that function from pg_basebackup.c:
It was rewritten for the sake of somewhat exaggerated security.
Version #5 in attachment.

--
Regards,
Vladimir Kunschikov