Re: [GSoC] Finalized First Patch

От Yosry Muhammad
Тема Re: [GSoC] Finalized First Patch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Khushboo,
Please find an updated patch attached with the mentioned import line removed.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:45 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 9:14 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Some points I missed:
1.  I assumed that in this patch modification in case of OIDs= True (without primary key) has not considered as that is not working.

This is not implemented yet. I will work on that in a following patch soon enough.

Okay.
2. As we are already showing the changed Data prompt on closing the Query Tool, do we really need the Uncommitted Transaction prompt?

This is needed when auto-commit is off. Saving changes in the data grid is performed as part of the ongoing transaction (or a new one if none is ongoing). After saving the data changes the user should still commit the current transaction for the changes to be commited to the database. This feature is also useful in general when auto-commit is off as users may forget to commit ongoing transactions.

One thing I have noticed, when I add a new row and delete it immediately without saving it and try to close the query tool, the uncommitted prompt is coming.
In my opinion, it should not come, what do you think?

We should disable the prompt if auto-commit and auto-rollback both are enabled.

The uncommited prompt does not keep track of what the user has done so far, it only checks for the current transaction status. If a current transaction is ongoing, the prompt comes up. If you added a new row then deleted it without saving, the transaction status is not affected, you must have done a previous operation and had auto-commit turned off (probably the select statement).
if auto-commit & auto-rollback are both enabled then there won't be any ongoing transaction at any point, thus, the prompt will never come up.

Looking forward for any feedback !
Thanks !

--
Yosry Muhammad Yosry