search_path and current_schema

От Jayadevan M
Тема search_path and current_schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I was trying out schema settings and related functions. PostgreSQL version is 9.3

[postgres@MyCentOS 9.3]$ psql
psql (9.3.0)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# show search_path;
  search_path
----------------
 "$user",public
(1 row)

postgres=# select current_schemas(true);
   current_schemas
---------------------
 {pg_catalog,public}
(1 row)

postgres=# set search_path=mynewschema, "$user", public;
SET
postgres=# select current_schemas(true);
   current_schemas
---------------------
 {pg_catalog,public}
(1 row)

postgres=# show search_path;
         search_path
 mynewschema, "$user", public
(1 row)

I thought current_schemas and search_path will return the same set of schemas (except that current_schema will show pg_catalog also, if we use true). Shouldn't mynewschema appear in the output of select current_schemas(true)?

Regards,
Jayadevan