Re: Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Streaming replication - slave not getting promoted
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 01/04/2015 06:09 AM, Jayadevan M wrote:
Hi,
I have streaming replication set up, with PostgreSQL 9.3. The entries in
recovery.conf on the slave are as follows -
standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=127.0.0.1 port=2345 user=postgres
password=password'
restore_command = 'cp /pgdata/archive/%f "%p"'
trigger_file = ‘/tmp/down.trg’

In postgresql.conf on the slave, I have set
hot_standby = on

Replication is working fine. The trigger file does get created by the
failover script when I shut down the primary. But I just keep getting
these entries in the log file in the slave and it does not get promoted.
FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: could not connect to
server: Connection refused

Any suggestions?

Try pg_ctl promote on the standby server to see if it works at all:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-pg-ctl.html

If it does then maybe your standby cannot 'see' the trigger file.

That was indeed the case. I had copied/pasted the code in Microsoft Word and then copied/pasted from Word to recovery.conf. Word intelligently (?) changed the 'quote' type around the file name.
I changed log_min_messages to debug2 and saw that the trigger file name was not coming up right.

Thanks.
Regards,
Jayadevan