Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 2:39 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> No problem. I think you can handle the other comments and then we can
> come back to this and you might want to share the exact details of the
> test (may be a narrow down version of the original test) and I or
> someone else might be able to help you with that.
>
> --
> With Regards,
> Amit Kapila.

I have added a new patch for supporting 2 phase commit semantics in
the streaming APIs for the logical decoding plugins. I have added 3
APIs
1. stream_prepare
2. stream_commit_prepared
3. stream_abort_prepared

I have also added the support for the new APIs in test_decoding
plugin. I have not yet added it to pgoutpout.

I have also added a fix for the error I saw while calling
ReorderBufferCleanupTXN as part of FinishPrepared handling. As a
result I have removed the function I added earlier,
ReorderBufferCleanupPreparedTXN.
Please have a look at the new changes and let me know what you think.

I will continue to look at:

1. Remove snapshots on prepare truncate.
2. Bug seen while abort of prepared transaction, the prepared flag is
lost, and not able to make out that it was a previously prepared
transaction.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia