Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. One thing I have considered while updating this patch was to
> write a test case similar to what we have for spilled stats in
> test_decoding/sql/stats.sql but I decided not to do it as that doesn't
> seem to add much value for the streaming case because we already have
> some tests in test_decoding/sql/stream.sql which indicates that the
> streaming is happening. If we could have a way to get the exact
> streaming stats then it would have been better but while writing tests
> for spilled stats we found that it is not possible because some
> background transactions (like autovacuum) might send the stats earlier
> making the actual number inconsistent. What do you think?

I agree. If the stat numbers can't be guaranteed to be consistent it's
not worth writing specific tests for this.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia

Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist