Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 7:50 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

In addition to these changes, I've made some changes to the latest
patch. Here is the summary:

- Use txn_flags field to record the transaction status instead of two
'committed' and 'aborted' flags.
- Add regression tests.
- Update commit message.

Regards,

Hi Sawada-san,

Thanks for the updated patch. Some comments:

1.
+ * already aborted, we discards all changes accumulated so far and ignore
+ * future changes, and return true. Otherwise return false.

we discards/we discard

2. In function ReorderBufferCheckTXNAbort(): I haven't tested this but I wonder how prepared transactions would be considered, they are neither committed, nor in progress.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia