Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - Encoding Fixes

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - Encoding Fixes
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 4:57 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 9:01 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch to fix the encoding related issues.

#3992 - View data causes errors with DB encoding EUC_JIS_2004
#3982 - Encoding Problem with PGAdmin 4.2
#3911 - Data output does not display Arabic in WIN1256 encoding database
- The CSV download for the same encoding has also been fixed.

I have tested the patch on Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.

You've added a couple of new encodings, but it seems to me that we should just add everything that PostgreSQL supports. For example, we now have win1256, but what about 866, 874, 1250, 1251 etc?

Any reason not to do that?
I thought to fix the reported bugs first and after that, I was about to add a new ticket to add the remaining supported encodings.
But as per you, I will add the remaining encodings along with these fixes.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company