Re: Usability problem with pgAdmin4

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: Usability problem with pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 6:43 PM androxkentaki . <androxkentaki@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone

Recently I start my adventure with pgAdmin4 on Windows. (I have worked several years on pgA3 bot I need to update postgresql from 9.3 to 11).

And now I have some issues with it. I hope that more practiced users can help me with it.

Basically it is usability problems. Maybe You have the same problems and found solution for it.

So main topics are:

1.       Finding proper SQL file to open in query tool: when I am preparing some maintenance solution or report in our ERP system I am preparing SQL script and save it into a file. When I want to come back to it. So I open query tool > open file > select file. But main problem Is that I can’t find it by part of a name. Is there any trick of plugin to filter files by part of name? (in pgA3 it was explorer window so we can use search function)

Please create a feature request @ https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4 .

psaearch.png

2.       Triggers on tables and its procedures. In pgAdmin3 I was able to go on table > Triggers > Name_of_trigger and expand definition of procedure to edit it. On pgA4 I can only read of its name and I must find it separately to reedit it.

We already have this feature request. Please refer, https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4606

3.       Opening new Query tool from opened one. On pgA3 I can click NEW and its done. On v4 I need go to main panel tab, expand Tools > Query tool

Feature request already been logged, please refer: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4059

Thanks,
Khushboo

--