Re: Using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4 - getting character

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: Using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4 - getting character
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Matthew,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:11 AM, Matthew Dahlman <matt.dahlman@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
pgAdmin is not behaving as I would like it to in one respect. I'd like to understand if this is a bug.

I'm having trouble using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4. The symptom is that I get the character (Zero Width No-break Space ) aka <U+FEFF> prepended to any string I copy.

The workaround is to paste and then delete that first character. But in practice this is cumbersome. Question 1: can anyone help me to prevent the FEFF character from sneaking into the clipboard whenever I copy anything in pgAdmin?

Question 2: Should I log this as a bug? A feature request? Don't log it? (Sorry, "question 2" contains 3 questions.)

I'm using Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) with pgAdmin 2.1 using Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 30 2016, 19:40:32).

This issue has already been reported by another user.
It has been fixed and will be available in the next release which is going to be soon.

Thanks for any guidance,
Matt

P.S. Yesterday I could not find this group, so I posted my question here:
Andriy M suggests that this is probably intended behavior. But I'm hoping it's at least configurable somehow.

Thanks,
Khushboo