Re: RM 6427 - Newlines in text columns of resultset show an allegedly "empty" field

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: RM 6427 - Newlines in text columns of resultset show an allegedly "empty" field
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 3:35 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Here's a simple patch for $SUBJECT. It will remove any leading spaces from the grid cell display and replace them with '[...] '. In edit mode, the data is unchanged.

The patch looks good to me.
Do we need to specify somewhere what is [...] ?

The only downside I can see to this is that the tooltip will show the modified data when it probably should actually show the un-modified data. Unfortunately that's handled by a SlickGrid plugin, which would have to be vendorised and modified (perhaps non-trivially). I don't think that's a big issue though.