Re: askin for LDAP configuration

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: askin for LDAP configuration
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Please provide the sample ldapsearch command which you use to connect the ldap server.

Also, go through the documentation (https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.29/enabling_ldap_authentication.html) which provides the details of all the necessary parameters to be set.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM Salih Zengin <salih.zengin@sellics.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I am trying to setup our Azure ADDS LDAP with pgadmin.
I have two problems where I cant find a good solution.
          - name: PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE
            value: "'cn'"
This is only working for cn for me. userPrincipalName, mail or
sAMAccountName as attribute are not working, idk why. We have some
users with special character in their cn, and also in general this
should be classic the account name.

I want to limited the user access. When I use this, it is also not working:
          - name: PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_BASE_DN
            value:
"'(&(objectClass=user)(|(memberof=CN=ldap_PGadmin,OU=AADDC
Users,DC=xxxyyy,DC=com)))'"

To limit the user's access, you can use the LDAP_SEARCH_FILTER  config parameter. You can find the details in the documentation.

Of course the general BASE_DN works and find my cn user
          - name: PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_BASE_DN
            value: "'OU=AADDC Users,DC=xxxyyy,DC=com'"

Does anyone have a hint / advice for this?

Thanks in advance.
salih