Re: External (REMOTE_USER) Authentication

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: External (REMOTE_USER) Authentication
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
HI,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 2:17 AM Richard Laager <rlaager@wiktel.com> wrote:
Is there a way to have pgAdmin 4 (the web version) use external, e.g.
Apache-provided, authentication? We have the authentication already
under control in Apache using mod_auth_tkt (so importantly, we are NOT
using LDAP or Kerberos). I simply want pgAdmin 4 to look at the
REMOTE_USER environment variable for the username (and I suppose, create
that user if it does not exist).

Alternatively, is there a way to make pgAdmin 4 use a fixed user /
disable authentication entirely. Since the authentication is being
provided by the web server, the pgAdmin code will not be executed
unless/until the user has authenticated. I do not actually need multiple
users from a pgAdmin perspective, as I'm just trying to administer
"localhost".

The web server authentication feature has already been logged and the work is in progress. Ref: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/6657
Once it has been implemented, pgAdmin will consider REMOTE_USER and the user will be logged into pgAdmin if it has been authenticated by web server.

By that time, you can use pgAdmin in Desktop mode (single user mode), in which you don't need to login, it works as a desktop application as you do not need multiple users.
You can get the installation details @  https://www.pgadmin.org/download/

Thanks,
Khushboo

--