Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM 1603 & RM 1220

От Khushboo Vashi
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM 1603 & RM 1220
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Please find the attached patch to fix below RMs:

1603:  [Web Based] Export database failed if object contains double quotes
1220:  Backup database is not working with special characters
1221:  Maintenance DB failed if database name contains special characters

In Desktop mode, the import/export didn't work that is also fixed.

Regarding, re-showing the dialogue multiple times, Murtuza is working on this issue,

Murtuza,
Please also look into this thread, so you can have more idea about the related bugs.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Khushboo Vashi
> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> Yes, but please see my followup message. There's clearly something funky
>>> going on with the process tracking - for whatever reason it didn't pick up
>>> this process until after a restart, and per the bug I escalated earlier
>>> (which I think is essential to fix for 1.1 in a little over a week), it
>>> doesn't always detect completed processes and then keeps re-showing the
>>> alert.
>>>

>> The problem here is that, until we click the "Click for details here" link
>> and close the another details dialogue, the acknowledgement does not send to
>> the server. So, it keeps re-showing the alert.
>>
>> I think, we need to clearly mention the steps on the alertify notifier
>> itself, so the user can get the idea.
>>
>> Dave/Ashesh,
>> Any other suggestion?
>
> We can give a acknowledge link along with 'Click here for details' link to
> delete the status, logs, when clicked.
> Dave?

Sure, we can do that - but with so many instances being reported,
clearly there's a root cause to fix first.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company