Re: [HACKERS] Does pg_upgrade really support "make installcheck"?

От Neha Khatri
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Does pg_upgrade really support "make installcheck"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> src/bin/pg_upgrade/TESTING claims (much further down in the file
> than I'd like):
>
>     The shell script test.sh in this directory performs more or less this
>     procedure.  You can invoke it by running
>         make check
>     or by running
>         make installcheck
>     if "make install" (or "make install-world") were done beforehand.
>
> However, the second alternative doesn't really work:
>
> $ make installcheck
> make: Nothing to be done for `installcheck'.
> $
>
> Did this ever work, or could it easily be made to work?

It seems it would work if the following two lines are uncommented from
the src/bin/pg_upgrade/Makefile:

  # disabled because it upsets the build farm
  # installcheck: test.sh
  #      MAKE=$(MAKE) bindir=$(bindir) libdir=$(libdir) $(SHELL) $<

As the comment says, it was purposely disabled, probably to avoid
failure on cetain build farm members.
Attached the result of make installcheck after enabling the
intallcheck target (just to be sure if that is what you are looking
for).

> If not, we need to fix that documentation.

If the attached is result is what you are after, should the
documentation be updated to mention that make installcheck is
purposely disabled, providing the reason for it. Or, should the
intallcheck target be enabled in the Makefile to find out if specific
buildfarm members still complain about it.

--
Regards,
Neha