Re: Error with Database name

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Error with Database name
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 19 May 2015 at 10:57, IPN Bala GSS TVL <ipnb87@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Postgres team,
> Today we faced an issue with database name. Screenshot is attached.
>
> The error is,
> 2015-05-19 11:13:14
> CON\0000000147 Query execution failed :
> Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
> database "DDV_TDB_02_S2" does not exist
> Severity: FATAL

It seems likely to me that the issue here is that the database name
contains some Unicode value that looks like whitespace.

A clue is pretty clear in the pane that shows a CREATE DATABASE command
where the name of the database contains a couple of extra characters; the
name can't be "DDV_TDB_02_S2", as you can see "DDV_TDB_02US_S2" in the
pane.  I don't know what the "US" bit is; presumably it is some Unicode
character or characters that do not display elsewhere.

This does not appear to be a bug in PostgreSQL, hence not something that
anybody in the community ought to need to fix.