Re: Request for resolution || Support

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Request for resolution || Support
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 07:58, jay chauhan <jaychauhan.src@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Thomas, David/Team,

Thanks you for your response. However we need your confirmation whether my Error/issue as mentioned below will be resolved if we upgrade our PostgreSQL Version.

No, the "issues" that you mentioned will not be automatically resolved by upgrading to a modern version of PostgreSQL.

You will need to modify your application to use PostgreSQL facilities properly, such as...

- Not attempting to BEGIN TRANSACTION / COMMIT WORK inside a stored function.

Per the Fine Documentation:  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/plpgsql-structure.html

"Functions and trigger procedures are always executed within a transaction established by an outer query — they cannot start or commit that transaction, since there would be no context for them to execute in."

- ERROR:  schema "utl_http" does not exist

This is a reference to some Oracle-specific thing that you would need to reimplement in some fashion for PostgreSQL.  A newer version of PostgreSQL will not somehow draw in Oracle-proprietary features.

If you created a namespace via
  create namespace utl_http;

then that particular error message would go away, but it would presumably be replaced by some other error message as whatever it is that is missing would still be missing.

Сообщение: RE: BUG #15922: Simple select with multiple exists filters returnsduplicates from a primary key field
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15922: Simple select with multiple exists filters returns duplicates from a primary key field