Re: Event Triggers: adding information

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Event Triggers: adding information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm poking at event triggers a bit; would like to set up some examples
(and see if they
work, or break down badly; both are interesting results) to do some
validation of schema
for Slony.

What I'm basically thinking about is to set up some event triggers that run on
DROP TABLE / DROP SEQUENCE, and see about cleaning up the replication
side of things (e.g. - inject a request to drop the table/sequence
from replication).

I have a bit of a complaint as to what documentation is included; I don't see
any references in the documentation to ddl_command_start / ddl_command_end,
which seem to be necessary values for event triggers.

I'd tend to think that there should be a new subsection in the "man page" for
CREATE TRIGGER that includes at least two fully formed examples of event
triggers, involving the two events in question.  Is change of that
sort in progress?