[NOVICE] Users: must all Pg users be system users?

От Tom Browder
Тема [NOVICE] Users: must all Pg users be system users?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I flat do not understand the user definitions for a PostgreSQL server, and my limited experience with running Pg has been a result more of trial and error than understanding.

For example, I have a server which is running Apache.  How must I set upt pg_hba.conf so the Apache user can access Pg?  Likewise for Mailman, etc.

Can anyone point me to a good cookbook example or a detailed discussion of a set up for allowing access to server services as well as human users?

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

-Tom