Re: probable pg_hba.conf configuration issues

От Ravi Roy
Тема Re: probable pg_hba.conf configuration issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Sim, Tom & David, i'm really amazed with quick answers and insight provided by you all.
I found and was a password cache issue under %APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf; I removed it and everything works as expected.

Thank you again guys!
Regards,
Ravi.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM, David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
Ravi Roy wrote
> But if I try to connect using pgadmin (from the same machine) it gives
> acess to database without password, i'm surprised as it does not seem to
> respect pg_hba.conf or i'm terribly wrong in the configuration somewhere.

You likely told pgadmin to remember (store) passwords.

"If you select “Store password”, pgAdmin stores passwords you enter in the
~/.pgpass file under Unix or :file:%APPDATA%postgresqlpgpass.conf under
Win32 for later reuse. For details, see pgpass documentation. It will be
used for all libpq based tools. If you want the password removed, you can
select the server’s properties and uncheck the selection any time."

http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.18/connect.html