Re: Catalog for LISTEN'ed to notification channels?

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: Catalog for LISTEN'ed to notification channels?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> writes:
> Can I introspect which "channel(s)" the current (or any other session) is
> LISTEN'ing to?

The pg_listening_channels() function will show you channel names the
current session is listening to.  There's no way to find out about
other sessions, because that state is only backend-local.

Thanks Tom. I'll take that. Useful for unit tests at least.

If anyone can share more info or pointers on the design and rationals for
async notification in PostgreSQL, why it is transactional only, with the issue
that ensues, and whether there are any plans about it, I'd appreciate. Thanks, --DD