Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 8:09 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 2022, at 11:05, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I see. Still, Oracle preserves SQL as-is. SQLite preserve SQL as-is.
> > Would be nice if PostgreSQL did too. That's all I'm saying.
>
> Since this is a custom-built system, there is nothing keeping you from creating your own table in the database that
storesthe original text of the function.

That's not the point. If a DBA updates one of our triggers or proc or
whatever else,
the recorded info in a custom table won't be affected. We are diff'ing
the server-side
schema, against the expected in-memory model of the physical model.

Thus the dictionaries are the only source of truth we can trust for
the current state of the schema.
And beside minor syntactic differences, and some more troublesome
object-name rewrites, this is
exactly what we want. The system itself needs to preserve the original
DDL IMHO. --DD

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: how to secure pg_hba.conf