Re: "paths" between two ROLEs

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: "paths" between two ROLEs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 2:20 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 6/13/23 04:17, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> To troubleshoot and validate that emulation, I'd like to introspect ROLE
> membership to:
>
> 1) Output the ROLE "path(s)" between any two ROLEs.[...]
> 2) Output all target ROLEs [...] a given LOGIN USER has access to.

This shows the path between roles taken which provides a particular
privilege for a particular object:

https://github.com/CrunchyData/crunchy_check_access

It might do for you as-is, or at least you can use it as an example.

Thanks. I'd never seem a nested-for-loop with recursive calls of a function, returning rows.
Interesting mix of SQL and procedural / imperative code to generate a view-like output.
Not quite what I was looking for though. But thank you for sharing. Very instructional. --DD

PS: I'll try to work out the SQL myself then, and if I get stuck, I'll ask a more actionable question with where I'm at so far.

Сообщение: Re: Reproducing incorrect order with order by in a subquery
Сообщение: Re: Reproducing incorrect order with order by in a subquery