Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 7:58 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 4:41 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 2:02 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 1:39 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>> > 0x00000000004232b8 in slash_yylex ()

OK but be warned that if you're using tarballs, we shipped lexer remnants in the tree
[...] which means that if your pipeline involves tarballs but you finished up
regenerating one of the files, or some other sequence involving
different flex versions, you could get that.

Thanks. Very insightful. We got tarballs from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v16.1/,
thus it could have been it indeed. We've rebuilt from scratch again, and now things are back to normal.
I'm not 100% what fixed it exactly, since I get 2nd hand info only, and thus don't know for sure whether
`make maintainer-clean` was used or not. Could also have been a glitch in our SCM, we also forced a
resync on the workspace with 3rd parties (NFS mounted).

I any case, this is now resolved, albeit in a muddy way I'm afraid...

Really appreciate the help. Thanks, --DD