Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 2:02 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 1:39 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> 0x00000000004232b8 in slash_yylex ()

I think this might have to do with flex changing.  Does it help if you
"make maintainer-clean"?

My colleague who did the custom build double-checked the flex/bison requirements,
and the version of the packages on the RH7 machine he built on, and they check out (see below).

He also tells me he builds debug and release versions off different workspaces/checkouts,
thus there are no remnants of previous builds, assuming that's what `make maintainer-clean` is for.

Thanks, --DD

-------- From the Build Mgr -------------
Here https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-requirements.html i read:
> Flex and Bison are needed to build from a Git checkout, or if you changed the actual scanner and parser definition files.
> If you need them, be sure to get Flex 2.5.35 or later and Bison 2.3 or later.

On the cf-re7-toolkits (RH7) machine I built postgresql 16.1, the system packages:

$ rpm -qa | grep flex
flex-2.5.37-3.el7.x86_64
$ rpm -qa | grep bison
bison-3.0.4-1.el7.x86_64

are installed in the system. So they look good

Сообщение: Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7
Сообщение: Re: psql crash with custom build on RedHat 7