Re: Moving to Postgresql database

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: Moving to Postgresql database
Дата
Re: Moving to Postgresql database
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 5:07 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 1/16/24 00:06, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 5:17 AM veem v <veema0000@gmail.com
> <mailto:veema0000@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     Is any key design/architectural changes should the app development
>     team [...], should really aware about
> Hi. One of the biggest pitfall of PostgreSQL, from the app-dev perspective,
> is the fact any failed statement fails the whole transaction, with
> ROLLBACK as the only recourse.

"SAVEPOINT establishes a new savepoint within the current transaction.

I wish it was that easy.
I've been scared away from using them, after reading a few articles...
Also, that incurs extra round trips to the server, from the extra commands.

Don't make it the default, for backward compatibility, but please let me opt-in to it, w/o an extension.