Re: Read only user permission

От Dominique Devienne
Тема Re: Read only user permission
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 11:34 AM Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
> On 24/08/2023 10:11 CEST Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 7:46 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > The readwrite user (not the admin) would need to issue ALTER DEFAULT
> > PRIVILEGES granting that.

> And I don't remember reading anything like what you imply. Could you please
> pinpoint in the doc where this would be explained?

This is implied by:

        "You can change default privileges only for objects that will be
         created by yourself or by roles that you are a member of."

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html#SQL-ALTERDEFAULTPRIVILEGES-DESCRIPTION

Thanks Erik (and Tom). I either missed that, or it didn't "sink-in" properly.
I'll be careful to keep that in mind from now on. I appreciate the doc pointer. --DD