Re: patch: make_timestamp function

От Michael Weber
Тема Re: patch: make_timestamp function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are also timezones off by 15 minutes (although only a few, mainly Nepal).

The only integer representation I've ever seen is in 15 minutes units.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 06:07:38PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>

> 2013/12/17 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
>

>     2013/12/17 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>
>         Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>         > Yeah, I think a constructor should allow a text timezone.
>
>         Yes.  I think a numeric timezone parameter is about 99% useless,
>         and if you do happen to need that behavior you can just cast the
>         numeric to text no?
>

>     yes, it is possible. Although fully numeric API is much more consistent.
>

> I was wrong - there are timezones with minutes like Iran = '1:30';
>
> so int in hours is bad type - so only text is probably best

I think India is the big non-integer timezone offset country:

        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=176
        UTC/GMT +5:30 hours

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us