Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

От John Naylor
Тема Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 4:00 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8:36 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2020-10-27 15:24:35 -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> > - Allow WAL replay of CREATE TABLESPACE to work when the directory
> > structure on the recovery computer is different from the original
> >   Thread quote: "part of the difficult, perhaps-not-worth doing impossible
> > problems"
>
> I think we ought to do something here. Mostly because the current
> situation makes it impossible to test many things on a single
> system. And we have a partial solution with the tablespace mapping
> files.

+1, we need to get something like this working so that we can write
decent replication tests.  FWIW there was another little thread on the
topic, not listed there:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CALfoeisEF92F5nJ-aAcuWTvF_Aogxq_1bHLem_kVfM_tHc2mfg%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks, I've added this thread to the entry.

--
John Naylor
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company