Re: speed up unicode decomposition and recomposition

От John Naylor
Тема Re: speed up unicode decomposition and recomposition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:22 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:34:33AM -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> I don't see any difference on gcc/Linux in those two files, nor in
> unicode_norm_shlib.o -- I do see a difference in unicode_norm_srv.o as
> expected. Could it depend on the compiler?

Hmm.  My guess is that you don't have --enable-debug in your set of
configure options?  It is not unusual to have this one enabled for GCC
even on production systems, and the size of the libs is impacted in
this case with your patch.

I've confirmed that. How about a new header unicode_norm_hashfunc.h which would include unicode_norm_table.h at the top. In unicode.c, we can include one of these depending on frontend or backend.

--
John Naylor
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company