Re: speed up text_position() for utf-8

От John Naylor
Тема Re: speed up text_position() for utf-8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> I tried this test on a newer CPU, and 0003 had no regression. Both
> systems used gcc 11.2. Rather than try to figure out why an experiment
> had unexpected behavior, I plan to test 0001 and 0002 on a couple
> different compilers/architectures and call it a day. It's also worth
> noting that 0002 by itself seemed to be decently faster on the newer
> machine, but not as fast as 0001 and 0002 together.

I tested four machines with various combinations of patches, and it
seems the only thing they all agree on is that 0002 is a decent
improvement (full results attached). The others can be faster or
slower. 0002 also simplifies things, so it has that going for it. I
plan to commit that this week unless there are objections.
--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies
Сообщение: Re: CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies