Re: Improving the heapgetpage function improves performance in common scenarios

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Improving the heapgetpage function improves performance in common scenarios
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 4:27 PM Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@yeah.net> wrote:

> Here's how I test it
>     EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM orders;

Note that EXPLAIN ANALYZE has quite a bit of overhead, so it's not good for these kinds of tests.

> I'll also try Andres Freund's test method next.

Commit f691f5b80a85 from today removes another source of overhead in this function, so I suggest testing against that, if you wish to test again.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com