Re: Avoid undefined behavior with msvc compiler (src/include/port/pg_bitutils.h)

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Avoid undefined behavior with msvc compiler (src/include/port/pg_bitutils.h)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 9:45 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > It seems that we should have "Assert(word != 0);" at the top, which matches
> > the other platforms anyway, so I'll add that.
>
> That's basically equivalent to the existing Assert(non_zero).
> I think it'd be okay to drop that one and instead have
> the same Assert condition as other platforms, but having both
> would be redundant.

Works for me, so done that way for both forward and reverse variants. Since the return value is no longer checked in any builds, I thought about removing the variable containing it, but it seems best to leave it behind for clarity since these are not our functions.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
Сообщение: Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions