Re: psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables

От Samrat Revagade
Тема Re: psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Okay, are you adding this to the september commitfest?

OK, I've done that. I think that it's too late for 9.3.

+1 for idea.

I have tested patch and got surprising results with Cent-OS
Patch is working fine for Cent-OS 6.2 and RHEL 6.3
But is is giving problem on Cent-OS 6.3 (tab complete for local tables but not for foreign tables)

I have used following script:

Two postgres  servers are running by using ports 5432 and 5433.
Server with port 5432 has postgres_fdw installed and will interact with the remote server running under port 5433.

psql -p 5433 -c "CREATE TABLE aa_remote (a int, b int)" postgres
postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION postgres_fdw;
postgres=# CREATE SERVER postgres_server FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgres_fdw OPTIONS (host 'localhost', port '5433', dbname 'postgres');
postgres=# CREATE USER MAPPING FOR PUBLIC SERVER postgres_server OPTIONS (password '');
postgres=# CREATE FOREIGN TABLE aa_foreign (a int, b int) SERVER postgres_server OPTIONS (table_name 'aa_remote');
postgres=# INSERT into aa_foreign values (1,2);

But while doing any operation on aa_foreign tab do not complete on Cent-OS 6.3 (tab complete for local tables but not for foreign tables)
Is that a problem ?

Regards,
Samrat Revagade