Re: Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries

От Joshua Poehls
Тема Re: Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
rpath and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are only relevant for the runtime linking/resolution, right? My concern is that at compilation time the wrong version of OpenSSL is being picked up. Is there a way to see the full library/header path the compiler is using so that I can verify the path I specified with --with-headers and --with-libraries is taking precedence over the system paths?

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 1:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Joshua Poehls <joshua@poehls.me> writes:
> I'm compiling PG 12.2 (on CentOS 7) and need to ensure that it uses a
> specific version of OpenSSL (1.1.1h). I've added what I think are the
> appropriate `./configure` flags (see below) and compilation is successful
> but when I run `ldd -d initdb` or `readelf` I can see that it linked to a
> different version of libcrypto/libssl.

> --with-openssl --with-includes=/path/to/ssl/include
> --with-libraries=/path/to/ssl/lib

> My theory is that even though I'm adding --with-libraries/--with-includes,
> the build script is finding and using the version of OpenSSL in /lib64/
> because it has higher precedence somewhere.

Linux is generally pretty unfriendly to putting shlibs in nonstandard
places.  If you want to do that, you need to add an "rpath" spec to
the calling programs, or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or fool around with the
dynamic linker's configuration files.  "man ld.so" will get you started.

Joshua Poehls

Сообщение: Re: Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries
Сообщение: Re: Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries