Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries

От Joshua Poehls
Тема Compile 12.2 with specific OpenSSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm compiling PG 12.2 (on CentOS 7) and need to ensure that it uses a specific version of OpenSSL (1.1.1h). I've added what I think are the appropriate `./configure` flags (see below) and compilation is successful but when I run `ldd -d initdb` or `readelf` I can see that it linked to a different version of libcrypto/libssl.

--with-openssl --with-includes=/path/to/ssl/include --with-libraries=/path/to/ssl/lib

My theory is that even though I'm adding --with-libraries/--with-includes, the build script is finding and using the version of OpenSSL in /lib64/ because it has higher precedence somewhere.

How can I force the build to use the version of OpenSSL in the directories I specify and not in the system /lib64/ directory?

--
Joshua Poehls