Re: Want records to be UNIQUE. When searching for dupes, stop onfirst matching record.

От Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Тема Re: Want records to be UNIQUE. When searching for dupes, stop onfirst matching record.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> It sounds like you're looking for a loose index scan:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Loose_indexscan

Hi and thanks for your input,

but I don't think that the loose index scan is what I want.

I want a query that breaks off immediately it finds a dupe and won't
continue any futher and that doesn't use LIMIT!

Maybe there's no such thing available - I'm just asking on the
offchance that it does exist.

Pól...