Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary

От Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Тема Re: Best practice: call an internal postgresql function (e.g. raw_parser) from another C/Rust binary
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

> You're not the first to have thought of that.  I'm failing to locate
> any relevant threads in our archives, but I distinctly recall having
> heard of somebody who'd made a standalone version of our lexer+grammar.
> You might try searching on github.

Funnily enough, I was only reading about this yesterday - sometimes
wandering through the interweb has its benefits! :-)

The project is DuckDB https://duckdb.org/.

Specifically, this page: https://duckdb.org/docs/why_duckdb.html#duckdbissimple

"SQL Parser: We use the PostgreSQL parser that was repackaged as a
stand-alone library. The translation to our own parse tree is inspired
by Peloton."

The stand-alone library they use is from here (linked in text above):
https://github.com/lfittl/libpg_query

> (I make no warranties about how up-to-date any such project may be.)

Seems interesting and active - DuckDB's last GitHub update 18 days
ago! Last update for the libpg_query is 3 years, however DuckDB appear
to be maintaining their own fork, available here:

https://github.com/cwida/duckdb/tree/master/third_party/libpg_query -
last update 26 days ago!

HTH,

Pól...